This is your opportunity to win the new Great British Bake Off book, At Home, which accompanies series 7. (NOW CLOSED.)
After much teasing and tension building GBBO finally returned to our screens last night with a new series. Over the years I've managed to watch every episode since the distant days when Edd Kimber won the coveted title. This year will be no different. Every Wednesday evening I shall be snuggled up on the sofa with a pot of tea at 8PM sharp ready for the bakers to walk through the gardens, down the steps, and into the tent ready for Mel and Sue to shout 'BAAAAKE!'
For me and so many others, GBBO has almost become a national institution, bringing about a baking revival. It's a great baking show, with lots of new techniques to think about and try, unfamiliar bakes like arlettes and flaounas, drama with the likes of Baked Alaska-gate, the subtle (or not so subtle) innuendos from Mel and Sue, and of course the much loved Mary and Paul.
And lets not forget it also means a new baking book to add to the collection!
So with all that in mind, and with the new GBBO book, At Home, which accompanies series 7 hitting our high street shops just this morning, it seemed rude not to purchase one! In fact I purchased two. I'm a sharing sort of girl, so the second book is for one of you lovely readers!!
The book itself, like in previous years, is by Linda Collister with recipes by Mary and Paul and this year's bakers. It is packed with wonderful colour images (a feature I love in cook books as I like to visualise what I'm aiming for). The book opens with a welcome, a 'meet the bakers' section and a few baking tips and 'basic' recipes like Chantilly cream, creme mousseline and puff pastry! (I know! Does this mean that this year's series is going to be more challenging than ever?)
The Great British Bake Off book, At Home, is then broken down into baking sections starting with Cakes, which includes Lee's St Clement's Orange & Lemon Drizzle Cake from last night, a delicious looking Bitter Chocolate Stout Cake, and the Ultimate Indulence Mirror Glaze Cake by the youngest contestant this year, Andrew. The second section is Biscuits & Teatime Treats with bakes like Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip & Oat Cookies and the inspired Bhaa Bara Brith Biscuits. The next section is Breads with recipes like a Sprouted Wheat Bread, and Dampfnudeln (you're not on your own, I've never heard of it either!) and Mallorcas which look delicious with a pot of tea or coffee (and again, I've never heard of them either!) The fourth section is Desserts and Puddings with scrummy bakes like Gingered Plum Kuchen, Tropical Chorros and a beautiful Grand Strawberry Mousse Cake. The next section is Sweet Pastry and Patisserie with a traditional Bakewell Tart and a Swiss Apple Almond Slice. The final section is Savoury Bakes with Cottage Cheese Puff Biscuits, Thai Spiced Chicken Pie (which I imagine could easily be made vegetarian if you like), and some Filled Yorkshire Puddings! Hurrah for Yorkshire :-)
The new At Home GBBO recipe book is absolutely beautiful, though we wouldn't expect anything less. With a lovely mixture of different bakes from Mary and Paul and the 12 home bakers, there is something that all home bakers can try regardless of skill level, from simple biscuits to more detailed patisserie work.
So if you're a fan of GBBO, or would like to try to win a free copy for somebody who is, then try your luck with my giveaway below :-)
How to enter the giveaway:
Entry into the giveaway is through the rafflecopter, below. For those who may be unfamiliar with a rafflecopter, rest assured it is very easy to use. It works in much the same way as a raffle, so the more elements you enter (ie/ leave a comment, send a tweet, etc) the more chance you have of winning. Simply click into the rafflecopter and you will be prompted to register. You can do this either with an email or facebook address, and only takes a moment. If you are the lucky winner, I shall contact you on that e-mail address (or the one linked to your facebook addresss). Once you're registered, simply leave a comment in response to the question I pose in the rafflecopter and then complete as many or as few bonus elements of the giveaway as you like, though remember the more elements you complete the more chance you will have of winning.
There are 4 different entry methods to our giveaway, each one attracting 5 points thereby giving you a potential total of 20 points. These are effectively your raffle tickets.
- Leave a comment. Simply click on the button entitled 'leave a blog
post comment' and then respond to the question by leaving your answer in
the comment section at the bottom of this post. To be awarded the
'points' for commenting please remember to leave a blog comment and then tick the 'I commented' box in the rafflecopter to confirm that you have left a comment. This is a mandatory field to enter the giveaway. Once the question is answered and the box ticked three more chances to win will be offered!
- Send a tweet about the giveaway. Remember to paste the tweet's URL into the rafflecopter and tick the 'I've tweeted' button to be awarded with the entry 'points' . To find the tweet's URL, simply click on the horizontal line of three dots beneath your tweet, select 'copy link to tweet' and then paste it into the relevant section on the rafflecopter.
- Follow me on twitter. If you don't presently follow me, and you would like to, then simply click 'follow @onlycrumbsremai', enter your twitter name and tick 'I followed' to be awarded the points. If you already follow me on Twitter, you can still gain your points by entering your twitter handle and clicking 'I follow'.
- Visit my Facebook page, and then click 'I visited' to be awarded the points.
The Terms and Conditions:
Finally, I need to lay out a few terms and conditions for taking part in the giveaway. These will clarify who is eligible to enter, where it will be posted to and so on.
- The giveaway parcel will be posted to a mainland UK address only;
- The giveaway item is The new Great British Bake Off, At Home, recipe book which accompanies the 2016 series;
- There is no cash alternative;
- There will only be one winner.
- It will not be posted to PO Box address;
- It will be delivered via Royal Mail;
- Once the parcel has been posted via Royal Mail, Only Crumbs Remain cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to said parcel the during transit;
- It is only open to individuals of 18 years and above;
- Both bloggers and non bloggers are welcome to enter as long as the conditions are met;
- Entry is through the Rafflecopter only, below;
- The Rafflecopter giveaway will be open for 4 days.
- A comment in response to the question posed in the Rafflecopter is required on the blog followed by up to three other entery methods.
- All enteries will be validated before the randomly selected winner is notified.
- The randomly selected winner will be contacted by e-mail within 24 hours of the giveaway closing;
- The winner will have 7 days to respond otherwise a new winner will be drawn;
- The giveaway is free to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway opportunity has been shared with The Prizefinder.